عنوان مقاله [English]
The first successful and an efficient regeneration system on in vitro direct plant regeneration of Agastache foeniculum was reported. The experiment were done in factorial design with three replications and explants were cultured in MS media fortified with different concentrations of BAP and TDZ (0, 2.2, 4.4, 8.8 μM) in combination with 3 levels of IAA (0, 1.1 and 2.2 μM). ANOVA analysis showed that direct shoot induction and regeneration was significantly influenced by hormones combinations. In BAP and IAA treatments, highest frequency of shoot induction (32.72) and maximum regenerated shoots (7.9 shoots per explants) was observed in MS media containing BAP (8.8 μM) alone. Although in TDZ and IAA treatments, highest average number of induced shoots (24.6) and (7.13 shoots per explants) were obtained in MS media fortified with 2.2 μM of TDZ. In second experiments, effect of basal media and different concentrations of IAA and IBA on root induction was analyzed. Profuse rooting was obtained in 74 percent of plantlets on 1/2 MS media containing (1.1μM) IBA and highest mean rooting (5.06 roots per seedlings) were obtained in same media. The well rooted plantlets were acclimatized successfully in greenhouse on perlite media and transferred to soil with 100 percent survival.
11. Abrie A and Staden JV (2001) Micropropagation of endangered Aloe polyphylla. Plant Growth Regulation, 33(1): 19-23.
12. Agarwala B, Azam FMS, Khatun MA, Rahman F and Rahmatullah M (2010) Simultaneous shoot regeneration and rhizogenesis of Wedelia chinensis for in vitro clonal propagation. American-Eurasian Journal of Sustainable Agriculture, 4(1):65-69.
13. Amin MN, Rahman MM and Manik MS (2003) In vitro clonal propagation of Paederia foetida L. - Medicinal Plant of Bangladesh. Plant Tissue Culture, 13(2): 117-123.
14. Amutha R, Jawaha M and Ravi Paul S (2008) Plant regeneration and in vitro flowering from shoot tip of Basilicum polystachyon L. Moench- an important medicinal plant. Agricultural Technology. 4(2): 117-123.
15. Arteca RN (1995) Plant Growth Regulators, Substances Principles and Applications, Chapman and Hall, New York, 332p.
16. David RH and Arockiasamy DI (2008) In vitro Propagation of Mentha viridis L. from nodal and shoot tip explants. Plant Tissue Culture Biotechnology. 18: 1-6.
17. Erzen-Vodenica M and Baricevic D (1996) Tissue propagation of medicinal and aromatic plants. University of Lyublijana, (Slovenia). Pp. 201-206.
18. Faisal M, Siddique I and Anis M (2006) An efficient plant regeneration system for Mucuna pruriens L. (DC.) using cotyledonary node explants. In vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology – Plant, 42: 59-64.
19. Faraco F and Echeverrigaray S (2001) Micropropagation of Cunila galioides, a popular medicinal plant of south Brazil. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Cultre, 64:1-4.
20. Gaspar TH, Kevers C, Penel C,Greppin H, Reid DM And Thorpe T. A (1996) Plant hormones and plant growth regulators in plant tissue culture. In vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology Plant. 32(4): 272-289.
21. Gopi C, Nataraja Sekhar Y and Ponmurugan P (2006) In vitro multiplication of Ocimum gratissimum L. through direct regeneration. African Journal of Biotechnology. 5(9): 723-726.
22. Ibrahim IA, Nasr MI, Mohammedm BR and El- Zefzafi MM (2008) Nutrient factors affecting in vitro cultivation of Stevia rebaudiana. Sugar Test. 10(3): 248-253.
23. Kiran G, Kaviraj CP, Venugopal RB, Jabeen FTZ and Rao S (2004) Rapid regeneration of Mentha piperita L. from shoots tip and nodal explants. Indian Journal of Biotechnology. 3: 594-598.
24. Kuris A, Altman A and Putievsky E (1980) Rooting and initial establishment of stem cuttings of Oregano, Peppermint and Balm. Scientia Horticulturae. 13(1): 53-59.
25. Malik Kamal A And Saxena Praveen K (1991) Regeneration in Phaseolus vulgaris L.: High-frequencyinduction of direct shoot formation in intact seedlings by N6-benzylaminopurine and thidiazuron. Planta. 186(3): 384-389.
26. Murashinge T and Skoog F (1962) A revised medium for rapid growth and bioassay with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiology Plant. 15: 473-497.
27. Olszowska O and Furmanowa M (1987) Micropropagation of thyme (Thymus vulgaris). Revue-Suisse-do-Viticulture, d'Arboriculture-et-d'Horticulture, 21: 355-358.
28. Patnaik J and Chand PK (1996) In vitro propagation of the medicinal herbs Ocimum americanum L. syn. O. canum Sim. (Hoary basil) and O. tenuiflorum L. (holy basil), Plant Cell Report, 15: 846-850. International Research Journal Plant Science, 176.
29. Sahoo Y and Chand PK (1998) In vitro multiplication of medical herb Tridax procumbens L. (Mexican daisy, coat button) influence of explanting season, growth regulator, synergy, culture passage and passing substrate. Phytomorphology, 48: 195-205.
30. Singh NK and Sehgal CB (1999) Micropropagation of Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum Linn.) from young inflorescences of mature plants. Plant Growth Regulatores, 29: 161-166.
31. Sunandakumari C, MaSurtin KP, Chithra M, Sini S and Madhusoodanan PV (2004) Rapid axillary bud proliferation and ex vitro rooting of herbal spice Mentha piperita L. Indian Journal of Biotechnology. 3: 108-112.
32. Tiwari KN, Sharma NC, Tiwari V and Singh BD (2000) Micropropagation of Centella asiatica (L.), a valuable medicinal herb. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture. 63: 179-185.
33. Tulok M (1996) Naturalization of Agastache foeniculum (Pursh) O. Kuntze, ph. D. Thesis university of Horticulture and Food Industry, Budapest, 112p.
34. Tuker O and De Baggio T (2000) The big book of herbs. Interweave Press. USA, 111-113.
35. Usha R and Swamy PM (1998) In vitro micropropagation of sweet wormwood (Artemisia annua L.). Phytomorphology, 48: 149-154.
36. Velcheva M, Faltin Z, Vardi A, Eshdat Y and Peral A (2005) Regeneration of Aloe arborescens via organogenesis from young inflorescences. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture, 83: 293-301.
37. Zhang L, Kai G, Xu T, Pi Y, Sun X and Tang K (2004) Efficient regeneration of tetraploid Isatis indigotica plants via adventitious organogenesis from hypocotyl explants. Biology Plant, 48: 121–124.
38. Zhou GY, HongFeng D, Min SW, Lei C, Zhou, GY, Ding HF, Shi WM and Cheng L (1999) Fast asexual propagation of Aloe vera. Acta Horticulturae Scinica, 26(6): 410-411.