عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
To determine the effect of mother stock vigor and auxin on callusing and rooting ability of walnut four trials were carried out in Kahriz Agricultural Research Station during 2006-2007. In cutting trials, the semi-hardwood or hardwood cuttings from each of three clusters of seedling vigor were collected in late September in 2006 and after treating with IBA were planted under mist and bottom heat condition or reversed silo. The mother stock vigor and hormone was only affected callus formation with no effect on rooting. Treating the base of callused cuttings with reduced concentration of IBA was not effective in stimulating of rooting on callus surface. In response to the modified stool layering with application of lanoline paste containing three auxins (IAA, IBA and NAA), average number of roots per layer and rooting score in low-vigor mother stocks were 7.8 and 4.2 (from 5), respectively and significantly improved compared to high-vigor ones. Improved rooting of low-vigor stocks imply on a substantial structural/and or hormonal differences among mother stocks with different vigor and provides the possibility of selection of easy to root clones in walnut.
1. کاشفی ب (1380) تکثیر گردو به طریق خوابانیدن کپهای. پایان نامه کارشناسی ارشد، دانشگاه تهران.
2. رضایی ر.، گریگوریان و. وحدتی ک. و ولی زاده م (1385) ارزیابی ویژگیهای مورفولوژیکی مرتبط با قدرت رشد دانهالهای گردو (J. regia L.). علوم و فنون باغبانی ایران. 7(3): 168-157.
3. وحدتی ک (1381) بررسی عوامل مؤثر بر ریشهزایی و اندامزایی ارقام و ژنوتیپهای گردو. رساله دکتری رشته علوم باغبانی، دانشگاه تهران.
4. Agusti M, Andreu I, Juan M, Almela V and Zacarias L (1998) Effects of ringing branches on fruit size and maturity of peach and nectarine cultivars. J. Hortic. Sci. Biotech. 73: 537-540.
5. Almehdi A, Parfitt DE and Chan H (2002) Propagation of pistachio rootstock by rooted stem cuttings. Hortic. Scie. 96: 359-363.
6. Caboni E, Lauri P, Tonelli MG, Falasca G and Damiano C (1996) Root induction by A. rhizogenes in walnut. Plant Sci. 118: 203-208.
7. Cummins JN and Aldwinckle HS (1983) Breeding apple rootstocks. In: Janick J (Eds.), Plant breeding reviews. Johns Wiley & Sons, USA. Pp. 294-394.
8. Davis TD, Hsssig BE and Sankhla N (1988) Effects of shoot growth retardants and inhibitors on adventitious rooting. In: Davis TD Hassige BE and Sankhla N (Eds.), Adventitious Root Formation in Cuttings Portland, USA. Pp. 174-184.
9. Erdugan V and Smith DC (2005) Effect of tissue removal and hormone application on rooting of hazelnut layers, HortScience. 40: 1457-1460.
10. Faust M (1989) Physiology of temperate zone fruit trees. John Willy & Sons Inc, USA.
11. Forde HI and McGranahan GH (1996) Walnuts. In: Janick J and Moore N (Eds.), Fruit Breeding Nuts. Pp. 241-274.
12. Foster GS (1990) Genetic control of rooting ability of stem cutting from loblolly pine. Can. J. Forest. Res. 20: 1361-1368.
13. Germain E, Delort F and Kanivets V (1997) Precocious maturing walnut population originating from central Asia: their behaviour in France. Acta Hortic. 442: 83-90.
14. Grochowska MJ, Butu GJ, Steffens GL and Faust M (1984) Endogenous auxin and gibberellin levels in low and high vigor apple seedlings. Acta Hortic. 146: 125 -134.
15. Gunes T (1999) An investigation on rooting of Juglans regia L. hardwood cuttings. Turk. J. Bot. 23: 367-372.
16. Gutmann M, Charpentier JP, Doumas P and Jay-Allemand C (1996) Histological investigation of walnut cotyledon fragments for a better understanding of in vitro adventitious root initiation. Plant Cell. 15: 345-349.
17. Hackett W, McKenna J, Burchell T and Leslie C (2000) Stock plant manipulation to enhance rooting and nursery survival of walnut cuttings, Walnut Research Reports. USA, Pp. 109-114.
18. Hartmann HT, Kester DE and Davies FT (1990) Plant propagation: principles and practices. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, USA. 647 p.
19. Janick J, Cummins JN, Brown SK and Hemmat M (1996) Apples. In: Janick J and JN Moore (Eds.), Fruit Breeding. Vol. I: Tree and Tropical Fruits, John Willy & Sons, Inc., USA.
20. King JJ and Stimert DP (1998) Genetic analysis of variation for auxin- induced adventitious root formation among eighteen ecotypes of Arabidopsis thaliana. Heredity. 89: 481-487.
21. Koyuncu F and Gulser F (1999) The relationship between rooting and some chemical components in walnut (J. regia L.) hardwood cuttings. Turkish National Horticulture Congress, Ankara, Turkey (Abst.).
22. Lemos L, Carvalho A, Araujo JA and Borraluo NMG (1997) Importance of additive genetic and specific combining ability effects for rooting ability of stem cutting in Eucalyptus globules. Silvae Genet. 46: 307-308.
23. McGranahan G, Wesley B, Hackett P and Lampinen D (2006) Clonal propagation of walnut rootstock genotypes for genetic improvement. Walnut Research Reports. USA.
24. Pijut PM and Moore MJ (2002) Early season softwood cuttings effective for vegetative propagation of Juglans cinerea. HortScience. 37: 697-700.
23. Porlings IC, Petridou M and Voyiatziz DC (1999) An improved method of propagating the olive by mound layering. Acta Hortic. 474: 59-62.
24. Rezaee R Vahdati K Grigoorian V and Valizadeh M (2008) Walnut grafting success and bleeding rate as affected by different grafting methods and seedling vigour. J. Hortic. Sci. Biotech. 83: 94-99.
25. Solar A, Colariac M, Usenik V and Stamper F (2006) Seasonal variations of selected flavonoids, phenolic acids and quinones in annual shoots of common walnut. Plant Sci. 170: 453-461.
26. SPSS (2002) SPSS for windowes. Release 11.5, Chicago, USA.
27. Stefancic M, Stampar F and Ostere G (2005) Influence of IAA and ABA on root development and quality of Prunus ‛GiSelA5’ leafy cuttings. HortScience. 40: 2052-2055.
28. Sutter E, McKenna J, Burchell T and McGranahan G (2000) Nursery production of clonal walnut rootstocks. Walnut Research Reports, USA, Pp. 71-73.
29. Vahdati K (2000) Walnut situation in Iran. Nucis-Newsletter. 9: 32-33.
30. Vahdati K and Khalighi A (2001) Persian walnut stooling in Iran. Acta Hortic. 544: 531-535.
31. Vahdati K, McKenna JR, Dandekar AM, Leslie CA, Uratsu SL, Hackett WP, Negri P and McGranahan GH (2002) Rooting and other characteristics of a transgenic walnut hybrid (Juglans regia × J. hindisii) rootstock expressing rolABC. J. Am. Soc. Hortic. Sci. 127(5): 724-728.