1. Arzani K, Khoshghalb H, Malakouti MJ and Barzegar M (2008) Postharvest physicochemical changes and properties of Asian (Pyrus serotina Rehd.) and European (Pyrus communis L.) pear cultivars. Hort. Environ. Biotechnol. 49(4): 244-252.
2. Arzani K (2005)Progress in national Asian pear project: Study on the adaptation of some Asian pear (Pyrus serotina Rehd.) cultivars under Iran environmental conditions. Acta Hortic. 671: 209-212.
3. Carbonar M and Mattera M (2001) Polyphenoloxidase activity and polyphenol levels in organically and conventionally grown peach (Prunus persica L., cv. Regina bianca) and pear (Pyrus communis L., cv. Williams). Food Chem. 72: 419- 424.
4. Crisosto CH, Gamer D and Crisosto GM (1994) Late harvest and delayed cooling induce internal browning of ‘Ya Li’ and ‘Seuri’ Chinese pears. HortScience. 29: 667-670.
5. Ding C, Chachin K, Ueda Y and Wang CY (2002) Inhibition of loquat enzymatic browning by sulfhydryl compounds. Food Chem. 76: 213-218.
6. Guan J and Li G (2001) The influence of calcium on memberane permeability and lipid peroxidation Yali pear. In: The Proceedings of the International Symposium on Asian Pear. 25-29 August, Kuaryoshi, Tottori, Japan p. 63 (Abst.).
7. Khoshghalb H, Arzani K, Malakouti, MJ and Barzegar M(2007) The relationship between antioxidant level and internal browning disorder in some Asian pear (Pyrus serotina Rehd.) fruit genotypes. 10th International symposium on pear, 22-26 May Portugal. Pp. 90 (Abst.).
8. Lee M, Kim Y, Kim N, Kim G, Kim S, Bang K and Park I (2002) Prevention of browning in potato with a heat-treated onion extract. Biosci. Biotech. Bioch. 66(4): 856-858.
9. Martinez MV and Whitaker JR (1995) The biochemistry and control of enzymatic browning. Trends Food Sci. Tech. 6: 195-200.
10. Malakouti MJ (2007) Zinc is a neglected element in the life cycle of plants. Middle Eastern and Russian J. Plant Sci. Biotech. 1(1): 1-12.
11. Negishi O, Negishi Y and Ozawa T (2002) Effects of food materials on removal of Allium-specific volatile sulfur compounds. J. Agr. Food Chem. 50: 3856-3861.
12. Sapers GM (1993) Browning of foods: Control by sulfites, antioxidants and other means. Food Technol. 47(10): 75-84.
13. Veltman R, Kho RM, van Schaik AC and Sanders MG (2000) Ascorbic acid and tissue browning in pears (Pyrus communis L. cvs. Rocha and Conference) under controlled atmosphere conditions. Postharvest Biol. Tec. 19: 129-137.
14. Veltman R, Lentheric L, Van der Plas H and Peppelenbos W (2003) Internal browning in pear fruit (Pyrus communis L. cv Conference) may be a result of a limited availability of energy and antioxidants. Postharvest Biol. Tec. 28: 295-302.
15. Zauberman G, Ronen R, Akerman M, Weksler A, Rot I and Fuchs Y (1991) Post-harvest retention of the red colour litchi fruit pericarp. Sci. Hortic. 47: 89-97.